Location Cairo (Nasr City), Egypt (for Egyptian candidates) or Paris (75002), France (for EU candidates)
Job Type Full time
Job Offer ID 41
Yello’s mission is to offer the best open merchant platform for all in-person sales and service, in-store, out-of-store and on board.
We are looking for a star Senior Software QA engineer to join our offices in Cairo (Nasr City), Egypt (for Egyptian candidates) or Paris (75002), France (for EU candidates)
Yello, listed in Forbes’ 10 European Growth Businesses to Watch in 2017, is looking for a talented and experienced software QA engineer. Working closely with the rest of our multinational team, you will contribute to the testing and quality assurance of Yello’s solutions. Yello is an international start-up founded by two expert entrepreneurs. We have developed a next-generation marketing platform, using our in-house developed open Android OmniPOS terminals that include universal bank card acceptance and support VISA, PayWave, MasterCard, PayPass, Amex, ExpressPay, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, WeChat Pay, Alipay, yoyo wallet and YelloPay. Our game-changing first terminal, the Y7, defines the new generation of versatile payment terminals: secure, simple, powerful, and at an affordable price. With its open architecture and applications, it’s perfect for both fixed and mobile usage. Y7 is designed for a wide range of industries including retail, hospitality and healthcare.
We’re looking for stars to help us further build our unique platform that enables merchants to deliver a great customer experience, build and maintain customer relationships and accept all forms of payments.
Our team is agile, efficient, innovative, and focused on excellence. The pace is fast, and the work is stimulating.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Full professional proficiency in both spoken and written English (TOEIC 900+ level or equivalent)
- Team spirit, flexibility, results oriented, ready to do whatever it takes (WIT).
- 5 years of proven work experience as a Software Quality Assurance engineer
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Results oriented problem solver
- Excellent analytical skills
- University degree
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with working in Android and RTOS / C environments
- Experience with Java programming is a must
- Experience with Android development is a plus
IMPORTANT: if you do not have full professional proficiency in both spoken and written English (TOEIC 900+ level or equivalent) or if you have less than five years of proven work experience as a Software Quality Assurance engineer, then please do not apply, because, unfortunately, we will not able to consider your application.
Upper range, depending on profile; frequent travel, to visit other Yello offices; stocks, based on performance.
To apply, please send an email with both a motivational cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org