Location: Cairo (Nasr City), Egypt
Job Type: Fulltime
Job Offer ID: 44
We are looking for star Senior Android Developers to join our Cairo office.
Founded in 2015 by Mike Ausems, CEO and Daniel Maurice-Vallerey, Executive Chairman, globally recognized experts in payments and terminals, who previously did work for Honeywell, Ingenico, SumUp, VISA, MasterCard and Yoyo and headquartered in Paris, with offices in Madrid and Cairo.
Yello’s mission is to build simple, open hardware tools, software tools, and payment services to help with in-person service and sales.
Our offering is a highly open ecosystem that serves the full spectrum of in-person commerce. Yello offers a family of widely deployable best-in-class open OmniPOS terminals, APIs, the YelloShop app store, together with our in-house and third parties’ Electronic Register software, Payment Services, POS Software Apps, Loyalty Solutions, Financial (loans) and Payroll services.
Yello can accept universal payments methods: EMV contact and contactless, QR codes and magstripe cards, VISA, MasterCard, Yoyo Wallet, UnionPay, AMEX, JCB, SEPA DD & CT, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, WeChat Pay, Alipay and Yello Pay.
Our team is agile, efficient, innovative, and focused on excellence. The pace is fast, and the work is stimulating.
- Designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Follow-up/review/merge the assigned work/task with his team.
- Designs and builds advanced applications.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discovers, evaluates, and implements new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Communicates with the testing team for bus assessment and impact analysis.
- Development of complex parts of the application.
- Works with customers and the team Yello team to deliver their expectations for applications.
- Makes performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- Documents the code and provides input for technical documentation.
- Provides technical support for tests and certification.
- Full professional proficiency in both spoken and written English (TOEIC 900+ level or equivalent).
- Team spirit, flexibility, results-oriented, ready to do whatever it takes (WIT).
- High-energy and energizing personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Communication Engineering from: Faculty of Engineering of Cairo University, Ain Shams University, Helwan University or ITI.
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as an Android Developer programming middleware development and system integrations.
- Experience with working in Android and RTOS / C environments.
- Experience with Android rugged devices (tablet, mobile, and/or embedded devices).
- Familiarity with some of the Android subsystem (Wi-Fi, LTE, GPS, Multimedia).
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Knowing how to call Rest APIs.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN.
- Knowledge of how to use Db like realm or ORM.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Development experience in Linux Kernel e/o Bootloader (i.e. uboot).
- Basic knowledge of hardware schematics.
- Experience with Java, C and C++ programming.
Upper range, depending on profile; stocks, based on performance; frequent travel, to visit other Yello offices.
To apply, please send an email with both a motivational cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: If you do not have full professional proficiency in both spoken and written English (TOEIC 900+ level or equivalent) or if you have less than five years of proven work experience, then please do not apply, because unfortunately, we will be not able to consider your application.
ALSO: Only candidates from the Paris region (or willing to move here) AND WITH A VALID WORK PERMIT need to apply. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications without a valid work permit.